Sunday, October 12, 2008

Erik Passes Paramedic Test

Erik is my 31-year-old oldest son. I've begged him for months for something for the blog and he's just now found enough breathing room to humor me. My father, his father, his uncles, great-uncles, brother and cousin are all on the force or are about to be so he comes by it naturally. Your mom's over-the-top proud of you, Son.
 
Posted by Picasa
~~~
In Erik's own words: Well, after 8 months of grueling hell, I have passed my paramedic classes. Overall, it was very difficult to manage with work and additional study time, forcing me to make many hard sacrifices. Suffice to say, the last month was particularly challenging. In the last few weeks of class, I was working close to 60 hours a week (not including additinal management of students), in addition to 14 hours of class, 24 hours of ride times, and additional 8 hours of clinicals (per week). All in all, I was lucky to get 6 hours of sleep a night (4.5 was nice when it happened too).

Regardless, I now have my certificate and will be sitting down to take the state test after the state of Florida approves me to sit for it.
~~~

No comments: