Monday, July 21, 2008

Black Snake the Sequel:

Act II: Well, the snake decided to leave the egg and head up into the attic of the chicken house. I knew better, but wishfully hoped that would be the last of him and he'd just sit there and eat mice and we'd all be happy. An hour or so later, I came out to get the egg he'd left and as I reached for it, I jumped back when I saw him, at my feet, curled up in what he must have thought was a snakey lazy river - one of the chicken waterers. Several hours went by and he hadn't moved so after dinner I told Franklin that although the animals were NOT his responsibility, I'd be ever so grateful if he could do something or get someone to do something with that snake. Low and behold, he went out there with a postal sack, of all things, and threw it over the waterer then tried to flip the whole thing, snake and all, into the bag. It didn't work out exactly as he'd planned and the snake was on the loose and headed under the hen house. I thought all was lost when my brave husband grabbed Hoodini-Snake by the tail and swung him around and around trying to keep the snake's head away. I regret I don't have photos of this part. Guess he got him so dizzy that when he stopped spinning, the snake was stunned just enough to give Franklin time to pick up the bag and throw him in. As I write, he's headed up the mountain to let the reptile go Hansel and Grettle-like. I told him before he left that he'd gone up a whole bunch of notches in my book.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

susan sides! that is a scary snake. i love your blog.
Miss you tons, but i´ll see you in October! :)