Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Wild Life of Florida

Coral Gables. Erik showed us this shopping center that unfortunately was geared only towards the higher end shops. Few customer were to be seen but many people were using it for the great exercise space it was. It was, in essence, a strip mall done right (if there is such a thing). Very outdoorsy, lots of folige, open, airy. Two stories so it took up less space. Artfully covered stairs that were out in the open. Extremely well done.
 
We saw this little native as we were leaving. I've always had a soft spot for cameleons, perhaps because I feel I am one, of sorts. I even have a dried one on my dresser that was my grandmothers. She loved them too and had this shell of one pinned to her lamp.
 
This photo is fuzzy but I had to include it. My sister's husband, Tom, brought in the iguanna he'd found dead in their yard. It seems the cold weather either slows them to the point of not being able to move which is when they fall out of trees, or kills them outright. My sister said once she was out working in the yard when something hit her in the head. She looked around for a long time until she finally found a large iguanna that has gotten so cold, he'd fallen out of the tree above her.
 
LWB - Local, white bird.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: