Saturday, November 29, 2008

My Mother & Papa Dory

  Here's Papa Dory, my mother's husband. Ann had all types of activities planned for us and one of them was croquet. Dory was a pilot in the Korean War and in WWII !!! He was also an air-traffic controller at one point. When I first met him, his passions were fishing and restoring old cars. Now his passion is his dog, Daisy.
  Mom and Dory pose before taking my sister and I out to dinner. They pamper me big time when I visit.
  Mom and sister Annie- mom said she was always known for her stellar gams.
  Brother Kelly can be a pooh-bah sometimes but Annie coaxed him out of his shell by crafting a game of guessing the answers to "Do you remember when...?" questions. My sister has a photographic memory, I'm hopeless and brother Kelly is in the mid-range. Annie handed out Lotto tickets for the correct answers. I actually got a few right. Questions revolved around our childhood. She is the party hostess with the mostest.

Just to clarify: November is THE birthday month in our family. Dory, Annie, Melissa, Kyle, Katie and Ann's father-in-law, Alfred, all have birthdays in Nov.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: